DIY Interlibrary Loan
- What is DIY Interlibrary Loan?
- How do I register?
- Where do I log on to the DIY interlibrary loan system and how do I use it?
- What if I don’t find what I am looking for in INFOntario?
- How can I monitor the progress of my requests?
- How will I be notified that my material is available?
- How long does it take to fulfill a request?
Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Interlibrary Loan allows you to place requests directly into INFOntario, the provincial Interlibrary Loan System used by Lincoln Public Library. No need to use the request form on our website or have a staff member submit your request. Using INFOntario, you'll be able to search other Ontario libraries if you can't find what you need at either Lincoln Public Library branch. You can search from home or at the library. With DIY Interlibrary Loan, your request is received sooner, so items could arrive sooner.
To register, send an email with the subject "Interlibrary Loan" to email@example.com and provide:
• your full name
• your 14-digit library card number
• your email address or home phone number (depending on how you would like to be notified when your items arrive)
• your preferred pick-up location: Fleming (Beamsville) or Rittenhouse (Vineland)
A staff member will email you your login information and instructions on how to place a request. Once you have a User ID and password, you will be able to start requesting interlibrary loans.
Use your browser to go to http://info.vdxhost.com .
Sign in with the User ID, password and Authentication Service you received.
On the LPL website, under the heading Explore, click on Interlibrary Loan and fill in the form. Library staff will process your request.
Look at “My Requests” on the side-bar of the webpage to find out when your request was processed, shipped and received. You can also see if your request has been cancelled, either because the item is held by Lincoln Public Library or because the policies of the lending library prohibit loan. If there is any problem with your request, LPL staff will contact you. Please do not resubmit your request.
Once the item is ready for pickup, you will be e-mailed or called. Prompt pick-up ensures that you'll have the maximum borrowing time.
This varies depending on the availability of the requested item. Many requests are filled in as little as a week or two. Items that are harder to procure could take up to six weeks or longer.
Please contact our Interlibrary Loan staff:
Phone: 905.562.5711 ext.217