Donate & Support
Lincoln Public Library welcomes monetary donations. We are a registered charity, and tax receipts will be issued. For more information about making a gift to the library, please call Janice Coles, Acting Chief Executive Officer, at 905.563.7014 or e-mail email@example.com.
Reference: LPL Board Policy D-1 – Collection Development; Section 11 – Donations of Materials
Lincoln Public Library welcomes donations, but reserves the right to decide whether or not the gift will be added to the library collection.
The library does not accept books or magazines that:
• Have yellowed pages
• Have torn pages or damaged covers
• Have been previously repaired
• Have water or mildew spots
• Emit unpleasant odors
• Are extremely dusty or soiled
• Have underlined or marked text
• Have been published over five years ago, unless they are about the history of the Town of Lincoln and area.
The library does not accept CDs, talking books or DVDs that:
• Are badly scratched
• Are sets with missing disks
A donated item accepted by the library may not be selected for the collection if it does not meet selection criteria, is outdated or a duplicate, or if the library does not have sufficient space to accommodate it.
The library does not provide evaluation of gifts for tax receipts or other purposes. If a donor wishes an evaluation, it will be done at his or her expense.
Library staff will verbally inform the donor of the library’s donation policy.