Proof of vaccination is not required to visit the library to browse, borrow, study, or access public computers.
However, following guidance from the Ontario government, proof of vaccination is now required for individuals ages 12 and older participating in indoor programs. If attending an indoor, in-person program, please come prepared to show proof of vaccination (2 doses plus 14 days) alongside government-issued ID.
Library staff can assist with accessing and printing vaccine receipts.
Masks remain required for anyone ages 3 and older who is inside the library. Masks are provided if needed.
Below is the directive provided by the government:
“While public libraries are not a prescribed setting, it should be noted that the use of indoor meeting and event spaces within public libraries will require proof of vaccination for all patrons attending the meeting or event, with the exception only for the following uses:
- for a day camp or overnight camp for children described in section 19 of Schedule 2 of O. Reg 364/20;
- for a provider of child care within the meaning of the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014;
- for the purpose of the provision of social services;
- for the purpose of delivering or supporting the delivery of court services;
- for operations by or on behalf of a government; or
- for the purpose of delivering or supporting the delivery of government services”
We continue to offer virtual and take-home options to serve all members of the community.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.